Here at printmypicture, we are committed to protecting your privacy and data as far as we legally can. We have updated this policy to be compliant with GDPR, a new EU regulation that protects EU citizens' data. We believe that all our customers should have the same rights as EU citizens.
WHAT DATA DO WE COLLECT?
- When you make an order with printmypicture there is certain information you provide us with to complete your order. This is:
- The name, address, and your telephone number in your shipping details.
- The photos you have ordered for printing.
- Your email address and any emails you may have sent to us with product questions.
We also access your IP address and anonymized Google analytics information about how you navigate our site which we may use to make our services better.
HOW DO WE STORE YOUR DATA?
- Your emails, shipping address, telephone numbers, order history, and photos are stored in our Amazon Simple Storage Service (Amazon S3). This is a widely used and highly regarded storage service with clients like Netflix, Pinterest, and WeTransfer. It uses SSL encryption to secure your data during transmit and stores it on servers that require cutting-edge biometric authentication to access. Only a handful of trusted employees of PrintMyPicture can access this data.
HOW LONG DO WE STORE YOUR DATA?
- We store your name, address, email, and telephone number indefinitely.
- We store the photos you uploaded for printing for three months before being automatically deleted.
HOW CAN I UPDATE MY INFORMATION?
Within your user account, you can update addresses, passwords, and your payment information.
HOW CAN I DELETE MY DATA?
- If you email firstname.lastname@example.org with your desire to delete your data, we can delete all information associated with you, including name, address, shipping details, emails, and photos.
- Your photos are automatically deleted after three months.
- You can remove your email from our mailing list at any point by unsubscribing.
HOW CAN I REQUEST A COPY OF MY DATA?
- If you email email@example.com we can send you all the data we have on you. Bear in mind that photos >3 months old will be gone forever.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE NOT COLLECT?
- Your payment information is handled by our credit card processor CC Avenues. We never see your full card details. CC Avenues is an industry-leading online payment processor and you can read about them and their comprehensive security measures here.
- Your account passwords are fully encrypted. They are not collected or stored.
- We do not collect any photos that you do not select for printing.
- We cannot see the file names of any images you upload to our site, they are converted into numerical values by our system.
WHAT THIRD PARTIES CAN ACCESS MY DATA?
We share your information with the following third parties in order to complete your order:
- Our trusted printers Reproscan in order to print your photos.
- Our payment processor CC Avenue in order to take your payment.
- Our storage providers Amazon S3 in order to store your photos and order information.
- Our uploader widget Uploadcare to help you connect your social media accounts from where you upload your photos to our site.
- Google Analytics to see if any of our marketing initiatives actually work.
We never rent or sell your information and photos to any other third parties (e.g. advertisers, data brokers, journalists, external businesses, deities, your disapproving relatives) and we will never otherwise share your data unless required to by law or subpoena.
PHOTO CONTENT AND COPYRIGHT
- With regard to photo content, we will print what you send us for printing. You are responsible for ensuring that the content of your photos does not violate copyright or transgress laws in your country.
- In terms of copyright, when you order photos for printing, this does not affect your ownership of these photos. You still own the copyright to your images and you do not give up any rights over them. Your photos are still your photos, printed or not.
- If you use any of our mobile apps in addition to the above, we collect information about what device and operating system you are using in order to better serve you. eg. iPhone x, iOS 11.
- We may send push notifications, which you can opt out of at any time.
There a few things you can opt out of when you order from us:
- You do not have to sign up to receive our marketing emails. There is a checkbox at checkout.
- You do not have to create an account to order, this is only if you want to save your address and payment information for future orders.
- You are always free to opt out of following us on Instagram should this opportunity present itself.
- You are always free to unsubscribe from our email newsletters. We don't want to spam you!